Scope of Duties:
The position’s responsibilities include the handling of various administrative duties. Additionally, the position provides administrative support to various company’s departments/companies, as required. Handles confidential information. Communicates verbally and in writing ensuring that all administrative duties and responsibilities are completed accurately and delivered with high quality and in a timely manner.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Administrative support to PSL and other departments as needed:
- Handles telephone calls
- Receives and distributes all company mail and documents/packages to the fleet
- Performs travel arrangements such as tickets, hotels, taxis, prepayment requests as needed
- Coordinates the planning of meetings through the various meeting rooms
- Monitors the daily in and out log for PSL
- Handles other admin duties as requested by the General Manager, Marine/Safety & Quality Manager and Crewing Supervisor
- Provides administrative assistance to the PSL such as filing of documents, monitoring cards, etc.
- Handles additional duties assigned by the Administration Supervisor
- Prepares expense reports i.e., submitting visa expenses
- Creating requisitions for the Office, follows up and distributes invoices in Danaos system
- Responsible for office supplies (i.e. ordering office stationery, groceries etc.)
- Supplier registration in M-Files and Microsoft Outlook
- Assists Crewing Department in invoice handling for various products and services purchased
- Coordinates the training requirements of seafarers as per the Company’s Training Matrix.
- Handles travel arrangements and transportation for the crew.
- Updates crew documentation and registers in Danaos Software
- Keeps various crew records, such as Captain’s Vacation Plan, Cadet Schedule etc.
- Executes all customer and administrative tasks relating to the training center
- Handles travel arrangement requests i.e. flights, accommodation, transportation etc.
- Prepares expense reports i.e. submitting visa and cash expenses
- Handles other Marine tasks as assigned by the General Manager or Marine/Safety & Quality Manager
- A degree or equivalent qualification from a tertiary institution recognized within a relevant field of Office or Business Administration or Secretarial Studies or related subject (minimum three years program) will be considered as an advantage.
- At least three (3) years of working experience in a similar position.
- Ability to administer and work under pressure.
- Ability to adhere to deadlines.
- Have a proactive approach.
- Possesses a strong sense of ethics and accountability.
- Strong communicator with excellent analytical, verbal, and written skills.
- Good organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Strong English and good Greek language communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Computer literacy.
To apply for this vacancy, kindly send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org