Scope of duties / Responsibilities:
- Receives requisitions from vessels, obtains quotations and negotiates best possible price, transportation, and payment terms.
- Prepares quotations, orders, and files with regards to Technical & Marine matters.
- Arranges dispatch of supplies accordingly.
- Monitors and ensures that goods are delivered timely.
- Checks, monitors and follows-up outstanding orders regularly.
- Updates the purchasing software system (Danaos) accordingly (from requisition to invoice processing).
- Prepares and follows up of pre-payments.
- Being the point of contact for suppliers.
Required qualifications / competencies:
- Degree in Shipping, Business, Finance and/or other relevant subject.
- Minimum 2+ years office experience in purchasing / technical department preferably in the shipping industry.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal in Greek and English.
- Good organisational skills.
- Strong computer literacy.
To apply for this vacancy, kindly send your CV to: email@example.com
Closing Date: 20/01/2022