Responsible for handling all M&S activities under his/her responsibility, whilst assisting the MSQ Manager on matters related to the vessels as well as the company’s quality system. Performs ISM/ISPS/MLC audits as needed. Analyzes reports, audit results, near misses and SIRE inspections. Ensures all vessels comply with all relevant regulations and safety standards. Endeavors to continuously improve systems for ensuring marine quality, safety and compliance within the company and industry standards onboard company ships as well as shore-side.
- Handles all Marine & Safety activities under his / her responsibility in a safe and environmentally aware manner, consistent with industry standards (MARPOL, SOLAS, ISGOTT, OCIMF etc.).
- Conducts Marine inspections and internal ISM, ISPS and MLC audits on ships. Identifies areas for improvement and verifies implementation of the corrective and preventive actions.
- Analyzes reports such as Safety, SIRE/CID/PSC inspections, internal audits, near misses, incidents/accidents.
- Conducts investigation of incidents/accidents on board when appointed to do so by the Marine, Safety & Quality Manager.
- Monitors the evolving changes to the SOLAS, MARPOL, STCW, MLC, ISPS, Class, Flag State, Oil Major and other applicable requirements related to Marine, Safety and Quality issues and plans the implementation on company’s vessels.
- Exercises responsibility for the Marine, Safety & Quality management of the company and on board of managed vessels including environmental protection and security systems.
- Monitors and verifies the conformance of vessel operations with all company policies and the company’s QSMS as well as other safety and quality systems. Ensures that all safety, marine and quality activities of PSL are, at all times, in full compliance with the industry and the company standards.
- Actively contributes to the development, implementation and maintenance of the company’s SMS and QMS.
- Back Up DPA & CSO.
Required Qualification / Competencies
- Holder of Master Certificate or at least Chief Officer with minimum 3 years of seagoing experience.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Excellent leadership and mentoring skills.
- Ability to improve / develop and implement safe, dependable and cost-effective vessel and shore-side management and system processes.
- Strong organisational and problem-solving skills.
- Strong computer literacy.
- Strong English and good Greek communication skills, both written and verbal.
All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality. Applicants must be able to reside & work withing EU.
An excellent package, including provident fund and medical insurance will be offered to the successful candidate according to qualifications and experience.
To apply for this vacancy, please send your CV to email@example.com.