This position is responsible for the supervision of the vessels’ technical operations and the monitoring of vessels’ condition.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Supervises the vessels’ technical operations, monitors vessels’ conditions, complying with all relevant National, International rules & regulations, along with any port requirements. Designs relevant compliance programs.
- Ensures that all vessels’ certification and documentation regarding Class, Flag and International requirements are in order.
- Liaises with Flag and Class as required.
- Manages all technical matters in order to optimize the maintenance level and ensures that safety is being given the TOP priority.
- Close monitoring and implementation of Company’s SMS.
- Manages the operating expenditure (OPEX) and capital expenditure (CAPEX) technical budgets for the repair & maintenance, dry docking, including monitoring and control of cost for spare parts, consumables, fuel and lube oil consumption.
- Prepares detailed specifications and budgets for dry dockings, conversions / modifications and on-going repair & maintenance.
- Attends to vessels’ dry dockings, Class, Flag, third-party inspections and audits.
- Monitors the quality of all service providers.
- Evaluates and prioritizes requirements for planned and unplanned jobs.
- Coordinates closely with all onshore Departments to achieve optimum vessel performance consistent with their commercial obligations.
- Contributes to Departmental goals and promotes most efficient and cost-effective approach to ship personnel.
- Encourages and develops a strong safety culture and environment awareness.
- Monitors and evaluates the performance of ship personnel.
- Undertakes any other Technical related assignments as and when required.
- Academic qualifications such as BSc or MSc in Mechanical or Marine Engineering.
- Sea-going experience of as Chief Engineer / First / Second Engineer for at least 3 years.
- Previous experience in a similar shoreside position.
- Strong organisational and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent leadership and mentoring skills.
- Strong English and good Greek communication skills, both written and verbal.
All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality. Applicants must be able to reside & work within EU.
An excellent package, including provident fund and medical insurance will be offered to the successful candidate according to qualifications and experience.
To apply for this vacancy please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org