This position is responsible for handling all Marine & Safety activities related to the vessels, whilst assisting the Marine & Safety Manager on related matters. Marine & Safety Superintendent ensures all vessels comply with all relevant regulations and safety standards and reviews/follows up SMS changes. The Marine & Safety Superintendent is involved in the day-to-day operations of the vessels including navigational safety, cargo, ballast and tank cleaning and inspections.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Handles all Marine & Safety activities related to the vessels under his/her responsibility in a safe and environmentally aware manner, consistent with ISM, IMO’s legislation and national regulations applicable to the fleet as well as industry standards.
- Monitors and controls a proactive and safe operation of the vessels and provides nautical and safety support and consultation.
- Assists the Marine & Safety Manager on matters related to Marine & Safety of the vessels.
- Analyses reports such as Safety, SIRE/CDI Inspections, PSC Inspections, Incidents/Accidents. Where required, advises vessels on matters related to navigational safety, cargo, ballast and tank cleaning and inspections.
- Conducts Marine and Safety inspections on board and when necessary, support the HSQE department in performing ISM/ISPS/MLC internal audits and safety training.
- Conducts investigation of incidents/accidents on board when appointed by the Marine & Safety Manager.
- Monitors the evolving changes to IMO’s legislation applicable to the fleet, Classification Rules, Administration requirements, Oil Major and other applicable requirements related to Marine & HSQE issues and liaises with the Marine & Safety Manager concerning implementation on vessels.
- Supports on-going deck maintenance of vessels and prepares marine related dry dock specifications.
- Liaises with interested parties such as Class, Oil Majors, Ship Owners, Suppliers, and other stakeholders.
- Performs any other duties as required by the Marine & Safety Manager or General Manager.
- Ensures implementation and improvements of the Company’s Safety Management System.
- Master Mariner’s License or at least Chief Officer in Oil Tankers.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar shoreside position.
- Tankers seagoing (5 years) experience will be considered an advantage.
- An in-depth knowledge of the rules and regulations governing vessels’ management such as SOLAS, MARPOL, STCW, MLC, ISPS, Class, Flag State, Oil Major related to Marine and Safety.
- Dynamic, committed, excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Strong English and good Greek communication skills, both written and verbal.
All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality. Applicants must be able to reside & work within EU.
An excellent package, including provident fund and medical insurance will be offered to the successful candidate according to qualifications and experience.
To apply for this vacancy, kindly send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org