Petronav Ship Management Ltd is committed to continually improving quality in its products and services, offering competitive prices while emphasizing crew safety and protection of the environment.
Ultimately, the company’s products and services must meet and even exceed customer, supplier, and shipping industry expectations. To this effect, and in its commitment to meet applicable standards and other national or international requirements, the company encourages feedback from customers, suppliers and its own personnel for assessment and appropriate action.
In its endless drive to increase efficiency, Petronav chooses to invest in quality and to cultivate a supportive team-based environment, ensuring its competitiveness in the market.
The company’s policy, targets, results and objectives, which are reviewed annually, are communicated within the organization accordingly.
Safety and Environmental Protection Policy
Petronav Ship Management Ltd is committed to promote:
- Safety at sea
- Prevention of human injury or loss of life
- Avoidance of damage to the environment and to property
The Company’s Safety Management objectives are:
- To provide for safe practices in ship operation and a safe working environment.
- To establish practices for conducting operations in an environmentally sound manner.
- To prevent damage to the ship, its cargo, and the environment.
- To establish safeguards against all identified risks.
- To prevent loss of human life and personal injury.
- To continuously improve the Safety Management skills of personnel ashore and onboard ships, including preparing for emergencies related both to Safety & Environmental Protection.
In order to effectively implement its Safety & Environmental Protection Policy, the company:
- Consistently complies with all national and international rules and regulations governing the Marine industry.
- Takes into account applicable guidelines, standards, codes and publications.
- Takes voluntary steps where it is considered possible and appropriate to improve current environmental standards.
- Frequently inspects the managed vessels and carries out necessary maintenance and repairs.
- Continuously improves its management system by taking corrective and preventive actions whenever problematic areas are identified.
- Provides adequate resources to effectively implement this management system.
- Operates ships taking into consideration the efficient use of energy and materials, the minimization of any adverse environmental impact and waste generation, and the safe and responsible disposal of residual wastes.
- Promotes good public relations and fosters openness and dialogue with employees, relevant authorities and the public, anticipating and responding to their concerns about the potential environmental hazards and impact of company operations.
Petronav’s Quality and Safety Management System with its referenced procedures and standards defines how the objectives of this Policy will be met.
All Petronav staff, shore-based and seagoing, are responsible for implementing the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and are instructed to carefully observe and follow procedures and instructions, to also contribute towards their improvement.
The company’s management is fully committed to the above policy and shall ensure that it is understood, implemented and maintained at all levels of the organization. Furthermore, it will monitor and review the policy at regular intervals in order to ensure that it remains relevant and effective.
Drug & Alcohol Policy
Petronav Ship Management Ltd is committed to ensuring the provision of a safe environment for everyone onboard and especially with respect to Drug and Alcohol Abuse by crew members who, apart from hampering their own ability to perform duties in a safe and responsible manner, can also jeopardize the safety and efficiency of their shipmates and that of the vessel.
Petronav Ship Management Ltd (PSL) established the Ship Security Plan to detect possible security threats and to take preventive measures against any incidents which may affect the safety and security of ships under the Company’s management, as well as of personnel and property on those ships, in accordance with requirements of SOLAS Chapter XI-2 and ISPS Code (the International Code for the Security of Ships and Port Facilities).
The PSL Ship Security Plan has been approved by a Recognized Security Organization on behalf of the Administration.
The Master and all crewmembers must observe those requirements stipulated in the Ship Security Plan and must be familiar with their duties. Everyone must also undergo necessary training given by the Master or Ship Security Officer designated by the Company.
- The Master has the overriding authority and responsibility to make decisions with respect to the security of the ship